Though I am not the expert from this area but let me put my thoughts -
Prime Reason of Suicide
- Mental illness i.e. depression, conduct disorders, and substance abuse.
- Family stress/dysfunction.
- Situational crises (e.g., traumatic death of a loved one, physical or sexual abuse, family violence).
- Environmental risks, including presence of a firearm in the home.
How can these be avoided as a community
- Family support, Peer support and close social networks can help in reduce the suicidal tendencies in youth.
- Cultural or religious beliefs that discourage suicide should be promoted as religion has a big factor in human life.
- Less expectation by the society increases life satisfaction, good self-esteem, sense of purpose.
- And last easy access to effective medical and mental health services