Wonders of the Jagannath Temple in Puri are as follows :
1. Flag always flaps in opposite direction of air .
2. From any place in Puri you will always find the Sudarshan Chakra ( Chakra at top of Temple ) facing you.
3. Normally during day-time, air comes from sea to land & during evening, the vice-versa occurs. But in Puri it's totally opposite.
4. No birds or planes fly above the temple.
5. The shadow of the main dome is invisible at any time of day.
6. The quantity of cooked food inside the temple remains same for the entire year. But that same quantity of food can feed few thousand people & 20 lac people, Still it won’t get wasted.
7. In the temple kitchen, 7 pots are kept on each other & cooked on firewood. In this process the contents in the top pot get cooked first & then the bottom one.
8. After entering from Singhadwara’s first step (from inside of the Temple), u can’t hear any sound produced by the ocean. But, when u cross the same step (from outside of the Temple) u can hear it. This can be noticed clearly during evening.